Thursday, March 1, 2012

George Saint-Pierre

The article “George St-Pierre” is a biography on GSP's website about his life. He was born May 18, 1981 in Saint-Isidore, Quebec.  He had a rough childhood; kids would always steal his clothes and money. He began to learn Karate at the age of 7 from his father and wrestling and Jiu-Jitsu after his karate teacher died. Today, George St-Pierre better known as GSP or George “Rush” St-Pierre is a professional Welterweight UFC fighter and holds the Welterweight championship belt of the world with 24 wins and only TWO losses! George St-Pierre is a huge inspiration to many people around the world.
                What I think about this article is that it’s very interesting to hear about all these positive things about George St-Pierre.  This is of great interest to me because I myself am training to be a professional MMA and eventually a top UFC fighter. George St-Pierre can motivate me to train harder and also that when you work hard good things can come out of it. He has exceptional conditioning and discipline in martial arts. For me he’s a very inspirational figure and he motivates me to do my best in martial arts.
                What I thought the authors intent of this article was to not only to give a brief bibliography of George St-Pierre but also to give a positive opinion about him in a way that can make people watch more of his fights or even buy a ticket and go watch the fight first hand. The patterns of organization that I observed in this article was that the author first started the article off with putting events in chronological order starting with his birth and ending with what’s going on in the present day. Also, he added important events that happened in his life like winning and losing the championship title towards the end of the passage.

1 comment:

  1. I think that this blog is very interesting and I think that you can learn a lot of facts about George. I also like how the author felt toward George and how he has a great liking to George. I would like to have seen the things that went on with his life to make the story about him seeming more intersting. This is a very well put together passage.

    ReplyDelete